Please join Cloud Conversations podcast hosted by Peter Rising, Kat Greenan and the Viva Visionary. For this exact content start 26 minutes in to the podcast.
I start the day with breakfast and my Viva briefing email which I read on my mobile, pulling outstanding tasks and meetings from Outlook. Get dressed and move to Teams on my desktop and join a brainstorm meeting. I had a bad night’s sleep so instead of switching on my camera share my Mesh animated avatar. I use Whiteboard and then my colleague takes control of the screen and shares his content camera in the office; which we always find fun and great way to ideate in our hybrid workplace!
- Meetings ends, and I have a quick comfort break. Then send Praise to a colleague for being so helpful yesterday.
- Then mark my calendar as Focus Time and work for 2 hours free of alerts and notifications, on a PowerPoint presentation making comments to two other colleagues on different time zones. We are collaborating on a presentation together and they will be notified of my comments by email.
- I’ve not been in the company long, there’s an acronym I do not know so in the flow of my PowerPoint hover over it and a Topic card pops up with info and contacts; helping me to be more productive as no need to wait on others to respond to help me.
- Lunchtime now and time to get some fresh air and walk the dogs with a Headspace Meditation on my mobile with my Teams certified headset.
- Back to work and my line manager shares with me a link in Chat inviting me to take a quick training course on Microsoft Learn which I access through Viva Learn; and schedule on my calendar as Focus Time later in the week when I’m not so busy.
- Then another 20-minute meeting where I share my screen with a project update on Planner. Two colleagues are off sick, so we record the meeting for them.
- I need to do expenses so go to my personalised Dashboard in Connections and select our Expenses app.
- I make a cuppa and open Viva Connections on my mobile and discover the latest company news.
- I add comments to a Yammer conversation about the upgrade to our old meetings rooms into Microsoft Teams Rooms which look very cool. They are looking for volunteers to help test the rooms.
- I watch a Stream video demonstrating the new rooms. I volunteer my help on the Yammer post.
- At 4pm each day get a notification on Teams to reflect on my day and note my mood, selecting a smiley face in my personal Viva Insights.
- Then another notification reminding me to wrap up my day with a Virtual Commute completing outstanding tasks and view my meetings tomorrow pushed from Outlook.
- One of my meetings tomorrow is our team OKR monthly review so I quickly check how my personal objectives are performing against the team; and then against the company key results for the year to date; and we look in great shape in Ally.io. This is helping us focus on our critical tasks and processes as well as fitting in time for personal development.
- My Quiet Hours & Days are set from 6pm GMT so time to relax with no notifications from colleagues pinging on my mobile from other time zones who are continuing to work; until I start work again the next day at 9am.
I end my very productive day with the satisfaction I am working smarter not harder on Teams with Viva; and my digital well-being is in great shape.
Discover free Microsoft Viva Workshops!
Follow my Viva visions
08 Dec: M365 UK User Group: A Viva Visionary chats with a Viva Realist (Sara Fennah, MVP)
08 Dec: Yammer Community Festival: Looking forward to catching up with old and new Yammer fans and hearing great success stories
10 Jun: Scottish Summit: MVP’s – Kevin McDonnell, Zoe Wilson, Ana Ines, Sara Fennah, the Viva Visionary and more!
Leave a Reply